I just have to tell ya, I'm really feeling proud of myself right now. Not proud in the stuck-up, snotty, "I'm better than you" way, but proud in the "I feel good about myself and the things I've learned and implemented in my life" way.
I told you about the Game On! diet I started in September. Well, that game goes for a month, and the one I had joined ended, and the participants decided not to go another round. I was geared up and ready to go! I'd lost nine pounds that month, and there was no way I was going to let that head start go to waste. I contacted several friends and we started up our own teams. I'm now down 10.6 pounds, and I'm seeing so many differences in myself, it's amazing.
Here are some of the differences:
1. I like to exercise now. I like the way it feels to sweat, and I like pushing myself just a little bit further each time.
2. I like the way healthy food tastes. 99% of my meals are healthy now, and I'm really concentrating on getting the right balance of nutrients in my body.
3. I used to drink Coke every day, trying to stave off headaches. I'm now down to about once a week.
4. That's because the headaches are starting to go away. Turns out, they were caused by food additives. When I eat really super clean, with no food additives, I do not have headaches.
5. I am more limber and flexible.
6. I have more stamina.
7. Moving around isn't as difficult for me.
8. I feel more energetic.
9. When I look in the mirror, I no longer see the fat woman who totally let herself go and is out of control. I see a woman who is doing her best every day to improve the quality of her life.
All of this is in addition to the 10.6 pounds lost. Weight loss doesn't just make your body smaller - it takes you on a journey of discovering yourself and appreciating yourself.
A year ago, I felt there was no way I could do this. But I've finally hit on a system that works for me, and I'd like to invite all of you to join me next month for the next game of the Game On! diet. If you're interested in learning more, e-mail me at tristipinkston AT gmail.com