Monday, May 12, 2014

A New Week

When I posted last week, my intention was to hold off on weighing until I felt I'd made a little bit of progress so I wouldn't depress myself too badly. But then I decided that it was better to know for sure, so I went ahead and weighed. It was a little more than I thought, but not shockingly so.

Then I made a series of conscious decisions. Starting on Wednesday afternoon, I've had no grain (which I've indicated for my personal body is bad for weight) and no sugar. Yesterday I did have about fifteen M & Ms from one of those little fun packs that my son gave me for Mother's Day, and you know, I have to say I liked eating healthy and then consciously choosing to have a small treat. I've been drinking lots of water, and I've been eating lots of vegetables.

And I've lost two pounds.  Hooray!

This week, I'm going to keep that up, and I'm also going to eat a little more. I feel like I'm not getting quite enough in there. Part of it's going to be looking for new recipes, because veggies can get boring if you don't have ideas. It's just a matter of looking for them because they really are everywhere.

One thing that's helpful is that my local grocery store sells these pre-packaged salads that are only $3.18, and they are totally full of veggies. They're really good-sized - I'm pretty full by the time I'm done with one, and I'm not even sure I could make one myself for cheaper. So I've picked up a few of those over the last couple of days and will get more today. For me, convenience is key. I think that's been one of my biggest downfalls.

Right now I have some squash in the oven - squashes and yams/sweet potatoes help me feel full.

And that's my update.  :)  Thanks for hearing me out and cheering me on - you guys are the best!

No comments: