Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hmmm . . .

Okay. Goals for now. DO NOT look at the scale. I'm actually still fitting into most of my clothes that I fit into at the beginning of the summer--some are more snug than what they used to be, but I don't feel like I've made a huge jump in weight--just an insidious gain that I'm steadfastly ignoring.

Goal 1: Stick to 1400 calories, and don't eat sugar during those days.
Goal 2: Have one cheat day a week, when I eat whatever I want, including sugar.
Goal 3: Exercise--bike three times a week, do weights twice a week, and taekwondo twice a week (at home since we can't afford to pay for classes right now).

That's it. Achieve those goals and do them for a month . . . THEN step on the scales, and face up to reality.

I've incorporated some decent habits--other than not exercising and eating too much sugar. I'm an emotional eater, so one of the things I've started doing is when I come home from school (ie a long day of stress), I tell myself that I have to chew some gum for a while and drink a certain amount of water before I have whatever I darn well please. So I'm giving myself permission to pig out, but at the same time I'm giving myself some time to recover from the emotional stresses of the day. I find that more often than not--especially if I drink the water--that by the time my gum has lost its flavor and blowing-bubbles-elasticity that I have the self control to not go pig out.

But not all the time!

3 comments:

Jenn Adams said...

Sounds like a good plan! Keep us posted on how it goes. :o)

Tristi Pinkston said...

You go, girl!!

Kellie said...

I admire you for cutting out sugar. I've heard so many people say that when they don't eat sugar they feel so much healthier. Way to go!