Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Interesting ...

I'm not sure how I did it, but I re-pulled some of my oblique muscles and so I didn't attempt the aerobics. That was sort of getting all geared up for nothing.

I did learn something rather interesting, though.

I've been doing the salad thing and I've cut way back on bread, and I've had no pasta in about three weeks. Last night I had some spaghetti, and I was up all night with gas and bloating and other things that polite ladies don't mention they have, so I'm guessing I'm not as polite of a lady as I thought I was. It was interesting to me to note the effect the pasta was having on me after so long going without. I think this is my body's way of saying it doesn't like it. And isn't that what our bodies would tell us, if they could talk - lay off the refined flour? I guess gas is just a body's way of talking ...

4 comments:

Marta O. Smith said...

Is it possible that you have trouble digesting gluten?

Sandra said...

Gluten is always a possibility. All of the links I posted in Rebecca's post down below are great for eating gluten free.

You can also get gluten free pasta or pasta made with different flours that might not be such a problem.

I am noticing that more and more students and people around me are being diagnosed with Gluten intolerance. I am thinking that the fast food/ processed/ white flour diet that we feed our bodies are the cause of all of this

Tristi Pinkston said...

I'm not sure if it's gluten - I've had a couple of other bread things this last week that didn't do this to me, but it does leave me a bit perplexed.

Jenn Adams said...

I hope you get feeling better soon!!!! <3 <3