Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween: FAIL

Scary music should accompany this post, and it's not because of ghosts and ghouls . . . it's because of candy. Delicious, sinful, addictive, fat-producing candy!

See, I never give out candy at Halloween. Well, I can't say never, because I only started giving out other kinds of prizes and such for the last 5 or 6 years. However, this year because of bad planning and procrastination, I didn't buy anything in time and ended up running out for a huge bag of that awful fattening stuff I have such a love/hate relationship with.

I'm weak, that's what it comes down to. I can't have it around or I just eat it.

So, I went out today and bought some cool non-edible goodies at 50% off to give out for Halloween next year. Now, the trick is going to be keeping track of the box I'm putting them in for an entire year. Can she do it? Stay tuned and find out. :o)

I feel like I'm not going to be able to get back on track as long as all this candy is around. Not only do we have the leftovers from Halloween night (which is one of the big reasons I don't give out candy) but my kids all came home with large bags of the stuff, too. I wish I could have just taken the candy they were given and given it out to the people who came to our house. It'd be a win/win/win! ;o)

But who am I kidding? I wasn't on track before Halloween, either. I did go on a bike ride this weekend, though. It was glorious! The fall leaves along the trail are gorgeous this time of year. I can't believe we have biking weather in November, especially after that blizzard we had in October. The weather is a funny thing, isn't it? Hopefully I'll get some more bike rides in before it becomes unbearable again.

Enough rambling. What I need now is to get some sleep so I have the energy to work out tomorrow. ;o)

No comments: