Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Best Laid Plans ...

I just have to laugh at life sometimes.

About a week and a half ago, Brent posted that he'd lost his oomph and asked for help getting motivated again. I responded to his post with a challenge. He's about twenty pounds heavier than me, and at the rate he's going, he'll be lighter than me in no time at all. I challenged him to work hard to get below my weight, and my counter-challenge to myself is to start losing and to keep Brent from catching up to me. I knew that was a pretty tough challenge (for me) when I issued it - Brent has been 100% more dedicated than I have been, and he's lost a ton of weight to show for it. Me ... not so much. My weight on the sidebar will show how much I've slacked off. I hoped this challenge would be good for both of us.

Well, I got serious. I picked up an MP3 player, told my husband I was going walking every day ... and was in a car accident. That wasn't part of the weight loss plan.

Yep, last Tuesday on the way to the Valor Book Launch Party, Candace and I were in a car accident. It's one of those things where we're so grateful for our blessings - we both have concussions and aches and pains - but it could have been so much worse. Impact one second later would have killed Candace and possibly me as well. I can't complain about hurting (well, I can, but you know what I mean) when I know how blessed we are.

The problem is, though, I can't get in there and really exercise for a while, and my body is such that I can't lose weight unless I'm eating right *and* exercising. One without the other is ineffective.

So, Brent, you're going to pull way ahead of me. I have plans to catch up, but I don't know how long I'll be unable to exercise. But ... as soon as I can ... the game is on!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First priority--getting better! Can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. Good intentions derailed by circumstance. So, hang in there & make plans for when you are better!

Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

I am so happy that both of you were blessed and protected. The world needs both you and Candace here.

I know that as soon as you start feeling better that you will be back in the game.