Saturday, February 13, 2010

Conscienceness

I have been craving a hamburger and fries lately, so today that is what I had for lunch. I knew my lunch would be full of carbs, something my body reacts unkindly to. But I made a conscience choice to eat it anyway.

Now here I am 9 hours later and I still feel bloated and full and like I have a rock in my stomach. And even though I made them at home and baked the fries in the oven instead of frying them, they were not as good as I remember.

But the point is, this was a conscience choice. Not something I ate because it was convenient or there. No mindless nibbling. No, a choice made knowing how I would feel, what the scale would say if I stepped on it tomorrow and what dress I will not be able to wear tomorrow because of this choice.

And I am fine with it because it was my choice and I know that the food on the menue for next week does not include high carb meals, but more raw veggies and protein and a lot more healthy choices.

And I did that consciencely as well.

And that makes all the differenced.

1 comment:

Melissa Cunningham said...

I find it easier to go day to day, rather than week to week. It's too hard for me to look that far ahead. I say to myself, "Today, I can do it." It seems to help.