Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dieting

My mom once went on a watermelon diet. Not the most nutritional thing to do, but she did it. I believe there was a dance coming up and that was her reasoning behind it. While I can't say watermelon is all I've been eating lately, I have consumed my fair share. I hope it will help me lose some of this extra weight.

Instead of cookies or fatty foods, I've been snacking on the watermelon. It's sweet, good, and quick. I'm not an apple person, I get tired of grapes quickly (my mom did a grape diet, too), and I don't eat bananas unless I have to. Most other fruit is just too expensive and right now while I can still get it on sale, watermelon is the best option for me.

I hope I can keep up the high fruit diet once fall and winter really hit.

2 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Watermelon is really good at flushing out your system. It's high in potassium and it will keep you hydrated. I do recommend eating an occasional hard-boiled egg or cheese stick to keep your protein from dropping.

Kellie said...

I have a friend who served a mission in an area where watermelons were plentiful and cheap. He decided to eat one for dinner one night. Big mistake. He now knows just how well they can flush out your system.