Friday, September 4, 2009

HCG update

I'm leaving to go camping but I thought I should post before I left! Today is my second day of eating only 500 calories. It hasn't been bad really, but by the time it's time to eat, I'm starving. The hCG seems to be working though as I have lost two pounds already but I had gained three on the binge part the first three days.

So, I had broiled steak, asparagus and an apple for dinner. I like the way I'm eating. It feels incredibly good. Normally, eating only 500 cal. would put you into starvation mode but the hCG is burning up to 3500 calories of fat a day. So instead of burning the calories you eat, your fat melts away. That doesn't happen to normal dieters. No wonder I struggled for 14 years!! 1 lb is about 3500 calories so most people will lose about a pound a day.

I also walked on the treadmill for the last two days. On this diet you are only supposed to do moderate exercise so I don't push it. I go about a mile and a half all together, then I stretch and do a bit of yoga. So far, I feel really great.

Anyway, the shots aren't bad but the last two days they have stung a little. Hmm. So, see you all Monday night!! Bye and wish me luck. I'm going to be surrounded by dutch oven dinners, chips and all sorts of other wonderful goodies! Just great! I'll let you know how I did.

2 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

I do enjoy a good Dutch oven dinner.

Marta O. Smith said...

Hope your weekend goes well!