Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Woo Hoo!

I just got home from my weekly appointment and let me just say . . . GOOD NEWS! I have lost 5 pounds! And not only that, but 4 inches from my lower belly, 3 inches from upper belly, 1 inch from chest, 1 inch from neck, 1 inch from the arms, 1 inch from the thighs and 1.5 inches from the hips!

The amazing thing was that I thought for sure I'd have to explain why I hadn't done well this week. You see, we went camping for the weekend and hello, who could resisting camping food? You know, things like potato chips, (which I never normally buy) dutch oven and last but not least, s'mores! So I did fudge a bit over the weekend. Then, two mornings ago, the syringe slipped from my hands when I was putting the cap back on. The needle bent all the way down and slid across the dirty camper floor. Needless to say, I missed an injection.

Also, the computer print out said I had more fluid in my cells which was good. I learned an interesting thing today. Did you know you can't over do it with sea salt? That's plain old sea salt, not iodized sea salt. You will not have a heart attack when using it and if anything, your blood pressure will come down. It's the way it's made in the ocean. It's good for you! So, that is what I have been using and I guess it's working. I'm going to throw all my other salt away.

So, all in all. It has been a great week for weight loss. I asked the doctor about claims that this diet isn't safe. He said it's all hype. It's perfectly safe. I tend to agree so far. I have had no negative side affects except for a thinner neck and from all I've researched and studied, it has great, healthy results. (in case any of you out there want to give it a try)

11 comments:

Marta O. Smith said...

It sounds like you're getting good results. You're really not getting any side effects? That is good.

Naturally occuring pregnancy hormone has always had terrible side effects for me in the past.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Have you actually tried the HCG? It's not the same as other replacement hormones. Men use this with just as much success--if not more--than women.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Oh, and no. Honestly, no side affects.

Rebecca Talley said...

Good for you. 5 lbs is awesome.

I didn't know the HCG was the pregnancy hormone. Interesting.

Marta O. Smith said...

No, I haven't tried HCG as an injection. I meant when I was actually pregnant and my body was manufacturing its own. That was not pleasant.

Shanna Blythe said...

Congratulations! Keep it up. Hmmm . . . maybe I need to go buy some sea salt.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

HCG isn't THE pregnancy hormone, just A hormone made during pregnancy that breaks down the fat in your system and sends the nutrients to the placenta. It's just a little guy! It's because of hCG that many really overweight pregnant women lose weight at first.

Interesting, eh?

Erin said...

Congratulations!! You are doing great!!

(I think that you might want to keep a little iodized salt around. It is the only place that we get iodine and our bodies need a small amount to function.)

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

True, they do make an iodized sea salt. I do have some. Thanks for the reminder! =)

Erin said...

After posting my last comment my husband mentioned to me that you can get iodine in fish as well. But it sounds like you've got it under control

Tristi Pinkston said...

Wooohoooo!!!!