Thursday, September 10, 2009

Not an easy road

I have been thinking a lot about how difficult it is to change. This is hard no doubt about it. But I have faith that it can be done. Not so that I will be slender in three months but so that I will change those habits that are making me unhappy.

I don't like that I use food to ease my anxiety or boredom (no there is no huge issue in my life. I am an average Joe). I recognize that it took me over a decade to get here. I am not going to change old habits over night but I can change.

I don't believe we are on this earth to be perfect right now. I think we are here to learn and change and get better.

So here I go. Another week of thinking up and moving up.

Good luck to you all with your changes.

2 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

You go girl! I love you attitude and I agree, it took us a long time to get here. It will take time to build new habits.

Thank you for posting this.

Tristi Pinkston said...

That's a great way to look at things, Erin. I think sometimes we put a lot of pressure on ourselves because we think we have to be perfect right now, instead of it being a process of learning and doing better once we know what that better is.