Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Milestone

I have this cute blue and green plaid shirt that's just been hanging in the closet because it was too small. It buttons down the front and there was a gap of about an inch. This morning as I was getting dressed I tried it on AND IT BUTTONED! So I wore it to church.

I think my next challenge is going to be my diamond wedding ring. I haven't been able to wear it without my finger turning purple for several years now. I suppose I could get it sized up, but in my heart that would be admitting defeat and saying that I will never lose this weight. I've just substituted rings with a cubic zirconium that look similar, which I find at Walmart. I've gone through several because after a while the finish rubs off and they turn my finger green. I'm hoping 10 or 15 pounds from now, I'll be able to wear my beautiful ring with colorful clothes instead of a colorful finger.

2 comments:

Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

Good for you Marta! That is always so exciting to finally fit into a"goal" outfit.

Tristi Pinkston said...

Green fingers or purple fingers - that's quite a choice. :) It won't be long - the shirt is an awesome step in the right direction.