Friday, September 25, 2009

The Importance of Being Earnest

I don't know what it was, but I think I hit the tipping point yesterday. It's been coming on for a while, but last night, I just had one of those "I've HAD it! Something has GOT to change" moments.

And I decided I had to write down a plan for the next day. Not just say, "I'm really going to do it this time. Really. Honest."

So I broke out my old BFL spreadsheets from before and made a new blank one. And I wrote in a plan. I was going to run for 20 minutes at noon. Eat some oatmeal with raisins and a couple eggs at 9. Etc.

And I did so much better today! I actually ran for the first time in forever.

Another thing I'm so proud of myself for - I didn't push myself to the point of pain and death and agony. Usually I feel like I have to push myself just as much my first day back as I did after months of training last spring or whatever. I definitely ran hard, basically doing 1 3/4 miles in 22 minutes. A few months ago, I could do closer to 2 1/4. But I gave myself a break and I felt amazing.

My new scale came, by the way. It seriously rocks. It's the easiest scale ever to use just to take a quick weight check, and it also does all the nifty metabolism and fat % stuff, too, if you want to take a little longer. So I recorded my weight. It was a little scary. I'm about where I was when I "started" on here, though, so it's not too bad. But even though my weight is the same, I know for a fact that my measurements are worse because I can't even get this one pair of pants /on/ that I was wearing frequently a couple months ago. :'(

So, I need to be earnest about this thing if I want to change for the better. And I am.

Game On. ;o)

(P.S. Where is everyone? Hardly anyone is posting and even less are commenting. Come on, guys! Let's do this thing.) :o)

2 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

You rock!! Like, way, and totally! Way to get back on track.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I'm with you, girl and I LOVE the comments. It keeps me going.