Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Best of Intentions ...

First of all, I wish to call your attention to my weight on the sidebar. Yes, that is accurate. :)

Secondly, I went to a party tonight. (Shout-out to all the Storymakers - you rock!) Anyway, my plan had been to eat the casserole I brought and to have some salad on the side, and leave it at that. But then I got caught up in a conversation with someone (you know who you are) and by the time we got to the food tables, my dish was gone. So I made do with what was left (not a lot at that point) and I don't even want to think about how much fat I consumed. It was all very delicious, and I thank everyone for bringing it, but when your goal is to lower your triglycerides, well, there wasn't a whole lot of lowering going on tonight.

But:

1. I exercised for thirty minutes.

2. I drank more water than usual - still didn't hit my goal, but I drank more.

3. I had a healthy breakfast and lunch.

4. Remembered my medication (although, some people at the party tonight might disagree)

So overall, I did well today, with plans to do even better tomorrow.

Hope your Sunday is peaceful.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Better is good. Very good.