Monday, January 18, 2010

New Reasons to Succeed

As if I didn't already want to lose weight and get healthy ...

I just agreed to go on a book tour in April, hitting Denver, Phoenix, Las Vegas, and a town in California ... but I can't remember which one. I'm sure it's cool, though. Aren't most towns in California cool?

At any rate, I want to get in better shape because touring is exhausting. I'm also thinking about my poor behind in an airplane seat. It was all right the last time I flew, but it could be a little bit better, you know? I figure that I can shave off a bit of girth between now and then and just increase my comfort level by that much.

I've been watching my fat intake this last week and I'm surprised that it's actually not a terrible thing to eat less than 50 g. of fat. Of course, you get that in one fast food meal, but if you're cooking at home, it's easy to keep that fat intake low. Of course, there's the trick - cooking at home. I haven't been doing a whole lot of meal preparation lately, but that's going to change - I'm working on more recipes for my cookbook, which is always awesome incentive to cook. :)

Now I just need to go buy more batteries for my Wii.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I was just thinking about that this morning! Having energy & not needing airline seatbelt extenders are good things:)

Lynn

ali cross said...

You've got a win/win situation there girl! Feed yourself right, you lose weight AND you get fodder for your cookbook! Quite the deal :)

Kimberly Job said...

You inspire me, Tristi. The book tour sounds fun. Need a travel companion?

Rebecca Talley said...

You should come down to southern CO!

Shanna Blythe said...

Fantastic! What a great motivator. I have to admit when I took the airplane this time I was worried about how I'd fit in the airplane seat. I hate worrying about that. I did fine; I guess I was being just too paranoid. But again, it'd be nice to fit just a bit better.

And as someone who had the chance to play on the Wii a lot over our break in San Diego--I'm jealous! The Wii is a ton of fun! And I really like the Wii-fit.

Good luck!

Sabine Berlin said...

I agree that it is better to cook at home. But what with time restraints, the crock pot has become my best friend. Does anyone here have good low fat crock pot recipes? I have all the cream based recipes I can handle.

Tristi Pinkston said...

I haven't used my crock pot nearly as much as I should. It's such an awesome invention, though - I should give it more credit.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I can't wait to go on a book tour! I'd love to go on one with all of you fun authors!

Hope you have a great time!

Jenn Adams said...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B001IY8CG6/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0

This is the only Wii battery you'll ever need to buy. :-D Really, they seem to be working great. I think they have a similar thing for the Wii Fit, too. I should look into it.

Good luck!!