Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I want that cake!!!

Not to be vain, but there is something I am really good at. Something I am so good at that I get asked at least once a week to do it. For the past three weeks my daughters soccer schedule has occupied my time and kept me from doing the thing that I do really well. And it has been a good thing because unfortunately the the thing I am so good at is.....MAKING CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
I have the recipe down pat, friends and family are always asking me to make them, and when you make a batch of cookies you have to try them right? Especially when they are golden brown and perfect. That is the point I am at right now. The pleading eyes have begged and begged and I broke down and made the stinking cookies. I can smell them baking in the oven, their little chunks of chocolate calling out to me "eat us" "chocolate is of the earth" "just one won't hurt". It is tormenting.
I am typing this blog in the hopes that I can resist. In the hopes that I won't have to sign on tomorrow and tell you all that I just couldn't do it. I am on day three of Leptin. It is going well. I am not hungry. I had a great dinner. I won't be starving if I don't eat a cookie. I have been off sugar, except for once a week when I let myself have one small treat, for three weeks. Since January 1st I have lost seven pounds. And you might say, why can't I count a cookie tonight as my weekly treat? Because Sunday my mom is making me a birthday dinner and I know cake is going to be involved. I need to save myself for that cake. And if I break down on cookies tonight I will not be able to justify that cake. And so I suffer, but at least now I have a place to type out my sufferings! Thanks for the support. I hope tomorrow I can say--the cake is mine! Until then my tall glass of ice water and I will console ourselves and think skinny, healthy thoughts!!!

4 comments:

Shanna Blythe said...

I hope you were able to resist!

When I'm dieting I really don't bake--hardly EVER. I see that bag of chocolate chips just sitting in my pantry and sometimes I whimper . . . just a little.

Tomorrow I'm going visiting teaching to this lady who makes the most delicious treats all the time. Her house always smells like fresh cookies.

Deep breath, deep breath. I can avoid eating at her house. I can do this!! So can you!!

Tristi Pinkston said...

You go, girl!! Hang in there! You can do it! Just think of your poor, disappointed mother if you have to turn down the cake that she so lovingly made for you ... that ought to do it. :)

And happy almost birthday, by the way!

Kimberly Job said...

Maybe you should share your cookie recipe with those of us who aren't necessarily having skinny, healthy thoughts. :)

Sabine Berlin said...

I did it! Not one bite. The only sad thing is, even with no snacking, no sugar, and watching what I eat I was up 3 pounds this morning. In fact, I was even a pound more then I was when I went to bed. I am gaining weight in my sleep!!! How can that be? Oh well, I won't give up. Something good has to come of all of this. (I hope)