Sunday, January 31, 2010

What I know now

So my week of the Cabbage Soup thing is over. All I have to say is, "I am so glad I do not have to eat like that all the time."

I made a big pot of cabbage soup on Monday and had some every. single. day. Sometimes 3-4 times a day. Even for breakfast.

The soup was good, don't get me wrong about that and I will probably make some more to have in the fridge to take to work for lunches, but when you have the same thing every day, all day long it really gets old. Fast.

There were a lot of veggie trays, stir fry, steamed veggies, fruit bowls, fruit smoothies, fruit juice... All things I like, but when I was helping in the cafeteria and they were serving chicken with the Hawiian haystacks and it was a meatless day, I really wanted to eat it.

But then I remembered the number on the scale had moved down by 2 and that the veggies, fruit and soup in my bag were better for me and going to help me more than the chicken, noodles, and donut would.

So, what I learned was this:
*I really do like veggies and fruit and can fill up on them. I probably don't eat them in the right proportions to the rest of my food. I should eat more of them and less of the rest. So my portions of them will be bigger from now on.

*I also do not drink enough water on a daily basis. I thought I did, but then I had to measure it for this week. Not enough by a long shot. Just getting that much water in me helped immensly. I now have a measured water bottle and my goal is to get no less than 64 oz. of water a day.

*We had Hawaiian haystacks for lunch today and I skipped the cream of chicken sauce and filled my plate with a little rice and a ton of veggies and I liked it just fine.

*I did what I set out to do:
-Cleanse the holiday food from my system
-Get back to pre-holiday weight or close to it
-Jump start the losing process
-Get my head back in the game

I'll post my weekly weight in the morning when I weigh in.

2 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Wow - you are the queen of sticking to it! I hope you are well rewarded for your perseverance when you step on the scale tomorrow!

Jenn Adams said...

Great Job! I'm so proud of you for being so disciplined! Good luck and keep going! :o)