Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ten down!

Tomorrow is my last shot on the hcg diet. I only did the short, 23 day stint this time. It made it much easier. As of today I have lost ten pounds. I feel so good. I now wear a size twelve and even some of those jeans have a bit of room. It feels so good.

For the next three days after the last shot, I have to continue with the 500 cal. diet as the hcg is still in your system. After that, for the next three weeks, you can eat as much as you want but no starches or sugars. If I stick to that, I'll keep losing slowly while my body resets its base weight. I am bound and determined to stick to the rules this time. I really want to make this work, to make it stick.

I don't want to grow old feeling like crap, always tired, always hungry, always guilty. I have learned to master my hunger, cravings and habits. This diet forces your spirit to prevail over your body. It's hard. I won't lie, but the results are so rewarding. I can't even describe how good I feel. I haven't been 150 pounds for over ten years. I still can't believe my scale. My goal is to be between 140-145.

I want to start running again if my foot will let me. I want to be the kind of mom who likes to be active, who has energy until the day I die. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Jenn Adams said...

LUCK!! I'm so glad to hear it's working for you and that you're going strong. I hope everything continues to go uphill. (Except the numbers on the scale, of course.) ;o)

Shanna Blythe said...

Awesome. It sounds like things have been going so great.

Question--when you say no sugar does that mean fruits and natural sugars or just no processed sugar?