Thursday, January 7, 2010

Exercise, Again

Well, I may not have much in the way of self control when it comes to eating, but I finally am joining a gym. A friend is looking to sell her membership and it's pretty cheap. So we've set it up that I can have a two week trial membership while the paperwork goes through for me to take over her membership. I start today.

Months ago I started an exercise group with a few girls as Church and when it got to Christmas time no one came because "Christmas trees and babies don't mix." This little piece of information to me was bewildering since we all had Christmas trees in our homes and we all had kids and babies in our home. Plus, we'd been sending the kids down to the basement to play while we exercised, so I don't see the problem.

Anyway, I decided to go with a gym membership. I'll let y'all know how it works out!

4 comments:

Cami Checketts said...

I hope you love your gym membership. I'm tight with money I spend on myself, so the fact that I pay for the gym gets me there! Silly, but it works. Also, I love having other people around me who are working to improve themselves. It's very motivating.
I also struggle with self-control with eating so the strength training and cardio is extremely important to me.
Good luck!

Kimberly Job said...

Lucky you! I wish I could afford one. I always do better when I can go to the gym.

Kellie said...

I'm very lucky in that I'm buying a membership that is part of a group rate, so it is only $16 a month. I normally hate spending money on myself, but this I figured was inexpensive enough and important enough that I could do it.

Tristi Pinkston said...

That Christmas tree thing was so an excuse. They just decided they were too lazy. :)

Good for you - let us know how it goes!