Thursday, January 21, 2010

Crock Pot Recipes

Here's a couple of recipes I use in my crockpot:

Chicken Enchiladas

Corn tortillas
chicken (canned or boiled and cut up)
green taco sauce--2 bottles
olives--1 can
cheese--1 cup or so
1/8 onion (chopped)

Layer toritllas on bottom of crockpot. I use about 10-12. Next add chicken (half of a large can or half a breast), one bottle of green taco sauce, 1/2 of your chopped onions, 1/2 can of olives, 1/2 cup of cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.

Cook on low for 2-3 hours or on high for 1 hour or so.

I serve it with brown rice.

Italian Chicken

4-6 frozen, skinless chicken breasts
1 packet of Italian (dry) salad dressing

Put chicken in crockpot, empty packet of Italian dressing all over the breasts.

Cook on low about 6 hours. Super easy.

Serve with brown rice and steamed broccoli.

My kids love both of these recipes and they're both really easy (which is why I make them).

I also use my crockpot to cook ribs, roast, potatoes. I had to get a second, larger crockpot so I could do the roast and potatoes at the same time. We loooooove the ribs cooked in the crockpot and can feed a bunch of people. Just add bbq sauce to the ribs about halfway through the cooking time. Mmmmmmmm. Wish I could do that tonight, but alas, we're having a blizzard as I type this.

1 comment:

Sabine Berlin said...

Sounds good. Guess what's for dinner next week? Thanks!!!