Sunday, January 24, 2010

Go, Leptin, Go!

Thanks Sabine for posting that info. about the Leptin diet. I've been talking to my husband about it and doing some research and I think I'm going to try it. I've read a bunch of testimonials from people who thought they couldn't go so long between meals, but after a few days of strict willpower, they don't have cravings in between meals - some of them even said they don't even think about food throughout the day anymore.

And trying to follow BFL, I've had to think about food all day long, what with planning the meal, making the meal, and cleaning up the meal. Once you do that six times, there's rarely an hour that goes by that I'm not thinking about food.

I was looking at the different books on the subject, trying to decide if I wanted to buy one. The problem is, there are several and I'm not sure which one to go with. I don't want to buy 6 books on Leptin and then decide it's not working for me. :-) There's the "Fat Resistance Diet" and the "Rosedale Diet" and then a couple books by the Byron Richards dude that are just about how the body works in general without as much diet and meal-planning advice, etc. I'm assuming since you called it the "Leptin Diet" instead of one of the others, that that's what you're going off of?

Anyway, just wondering. I think I'm going to start implementing the Leptin Rules right away, too. So we can compare notes on how it's going. :o)

3 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

You know, that is the one thing that has been the most disconcerting about BFL - it really does take a lot of concentration. I did well at it and lost 13 pounds last spring, but then I got really busy, fell off the wagon, and gained a whole bunch back. I hadn't created the total environment for myself (cleaned out the "bad" foods, etc) and so it was easy to resort to that. I think it's too bad that losing weight takes so much concentration when we gain it without thinking about it at all. :)

Well45 said...

I recommend the book "The Leptin Diet" by Byron J. Richards. Richards is the original person to develop The Leptin Diet, and his 5 Rules are the way to go. He first wrote the book "Mastering Leptin" which was considered a breakthough book on the hormone leptin. It is pretty technical, but really facinating if you want to know more about the science. "The Leptin Diet" book is a shorter version, I think a great one to start with. His recommendations are right on. I lost 15 pounds (all I really wanted to) and have kept the weight off for over a year. The best part is that you have mroe energy and don't focus on food all day long!

Marta O. Smith said...

Maybe you could find some of the books through interlibrary loan and look through them before you decide which one to invest in.