Monday, January 11, 2010

Onward and Upward (and Downward)

I posted last week that I was at 170 pounds, which was true when I weighed in that morning. The next day I stepped on the scale and it said 173! Stupid scale. But this morning it was back down to 170.

I found another way to fit exercise into my life this past week. My office used to be on the main floor of our house. A month or so ago we moved my computer and desk upstairs. Everything else, like the kitchen and bathroom, are downstairs. So I'm making more trips up and down the stairs than I used to during the day. I decided to try an extra run up and down the stairs every time I had to go downstairs for anything. I added an incentive of one piece of candy (Hershey Hugs) for every extra stair run. (I was keeping them in a kitchen drawer instead of on my desk.) You know, if you go full speed up and down stairs many, many times a day, you get pretty tired by the end of the day. I think I'll try to keeping doing a few extra stair runs all at once, just once a day.

Something I noticed as I was writing down everything I ate. If I got rid of all the things I shouldn't really be eating right now, like chocolate or soda, I wouldn't be eating enough calories to be healthy. I know I need to get rid of the bad food and incorporate the good food. I've just got to figure out a way to do it that doesn't make me hate life.

No comments: