Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weigh-In Time

My official weigh-in is on Sundays--I'm now at 200.6, but I'm pretty much counting it as 201. So I've lost 2 pounds this week. Yay! I was so mad that I gained three pounds over Christmas break.

Although it does feel a little sad to be celebrating 201. Oh well. Gotta take the successes where you can right?

My older brother is doing this 'ketosis' diet thing, where you force your body into a state of ketosis which then uses your fat stores as energy. He lost 15 pounds in seven days. I told him to keep me informed on how the rest of it goes. I'm curious to see how it will work out for him. According to him it's kind of like Atkin's gone crazy, but also like HCG as it was never intended to be a lifestyle change. You eat protein--a lot of it. And green veggies for the most part--no corn, carrots, no veggies that tend to be high in sugar. And you eat NO SUGAR. And I'm not just talking about processed sugar here; I'm talking about fruit too. Anything that lists sugar as an ingredient is also out. Potatoes are out too as they are too starchy. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be a limitation--he can eat as many calories as he wants. Hmmm . . . not sure what I think about it, but I figure I'll see how it works out for him.

On the other hand, hopefully he'll take a multi-vitamin. Can you imagine not eating fruit?

I thought it might be interesting to post about what my brother is doing too. I'll keep you guys informed. As far as I'm concerned I just want to continue keeping my calories under control and implementing exercise again. I have NOT been exercising. I want to make sure I make it to taekwondo at least once.

This past week I did a really good job of sticking to the 1400 calories a day. I went really low one day--didn't even hit 1200 but that was because I was at work until late, and I didn't feel like fixing anything big when I got home, so I had a bowl of cereal and went to bed. It happens. This weekend was a bit problematic--it always seems to be. I think I've gone over, but haven't tracked my caloric intake too well. That's also something I need to work on. The weekends.

It's great reading about how everyone else seems to be progressing. Congratulations you guys!


6 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

201 is seriously something to celebrate. Heck, if I weighed 201, I'd be laughing like a maniac!!

Kimberly Job said...

Weighing below 200 is a distant memory for me. You go girl! You're almost there.

Shanna Blythe said...

Tristi,
Thanks for the encouragement!! You totally made me laugh. THANK-YOU!

Kim,
I am--I'm almost there. I can do this!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

First of all, NEVER ROUND UP! When weighing yourself, always be proud of those few ounces! You are NOT 201! You are 200.6! That is fantastic!

Keep going. You can do it. Have you considered doing the hcg diet. I'd really recommend it to everyone. I've loved it. Everyone who does it, loves it. (at least that I've talked to.)

Jenn Adams said...

My husband did a serious low-cal thing like that too. He could eat as much bacon as he wanted, but no apples. Seemed kinda messed up to me! LOL. But it works, I guess. He lost a lot of weight. He gained it back later, but I gained mine back when I did a really healthy diet, so I can't really knock the diet for that. I guess the theory is that if you don't eat sugar, there's no insulin to "unlock" the fat cells and store fat in there. So it all just gets flushed out. I dunno, I think I'll go with a healthier route. :o)

And good luck with your diet! I hope it's still going well.

Shanna Blythe said...

Melissa,
LOL. That's great! I've thought about the HCG. So far, though, when I'm losing a couple pounds a week, I'm okay with that. However, PROBABLY, the next time I plateau I'll go see the doctor and talk about my options.

Jenn,
I know. My brother's diet sounds pretty crazy, doesn't it? Bacon? Yummm!! I love bacon!! As long as I continue to lose the way I am, I'll be just fine with what I'm doing.