Thursday, August 27, 2009

Another Pound (and a half) Bites the Dust

Weigh-in time! I'm down 1.5 pounds. I admit I am surprised, because I have not been as careful with my food choices as I should be. I think a few things have made the difference though.

1. I'm drinking a lot more water. That keeps my body running better. It also keeps me more full.

2. I am eating more fruits and vegetables, probably still not as much as I should, but I'm making some progress. V8 is my new fast food. I don't really like it that much, but I can gulp it down and feel like I've had something that's good for me.

3. I don't have a bag of Hershey kisses and a bottle of Dr. Pepper sitting at my desk all day. In fact, I haven't had any soda at all since this blog started (and I have been tempted). A couple of times when I've been really dragging, I've been just about ready to run (drive) to the nearest store and grab some artificial energy. But I've tried other things, like crackers and cheese, or actually taking a nap. Although I usually can't take naps. I have trouble falling asleep, no matter how tired I am. But just lying down and relaxing for a little while helps.

4. I know I will need to report in here. Being accountable to someone is a great motivator.

3 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I think water is a huge key. From what I've studied, we, as a people, are chronically dehydrated. I know I feel better and have more energy when I drink enough.

Sandra said...

Yay for loosing! And yay for water. I tell my kids that water is the cure all for almost everything. They don't always believe me, but water is HUGE for our health.

Tristi Pinkston said...

Congratulations on dumping the soda!!