Thursday, August 13, 2009

The End of a Pretty Good Day

I did really well today - at least, for me. I ate the proper balance of carbs, protein and vegetables all day, I exercised by playing Wii and also doing the Dancing with the Stars Cardio Fit DVD (granted, I didn't make it past the meringue, but I have total plans to make it past the cha cha next time) and I ate a lot more fruit and vegetables than normal. Still working on the water thing ... one step at a time.

I was derailed slightly by some ice cream, but you know, I didn't really want it - I ate it because I thought I wanted it. Let me explain.

Over the course of the last two years, I've been working as a freelance editor. My jobs have picked up in the last year and there have been times where I've really had to push to hit a deadline. I've pushed by keeping some sugar here on my desk and eating it to keep me going. Right now I've got several big edits I'm working on, and so my body naturally thinks it's supposed to be downing the sugar. I did eat the ice cream, but I do have to say, it was much less sugar than I would ordinarily have gone through in the same amount of time. While not ideal, I consider that a step toward success.

Now the trick is, getting used to the idea of editing to a deadline without sugar at all. I can't wait until Sandra's next post on how she did away with sugar in her diet.

6 comments:

Christine Thackeray said...

I'm a little jealous of your success. Six teenage boys, a house full of junkfood and a really good movie have a way of sidetracking the best of intentions. While you were being so good, I was being EVILLLL!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I love the line "While not ideal, I consider that a step toward success." I think that's the sort of attitude that really pays off in the long run. Well done, Tristi!

Shauna said...

I think that's a great way to head in the right direction, and it can be really hard on us if we just try to willpower through it all instead of stepping down slowly. I know for sure I don't have that much willpower! Great job! I'm looking forward to Sandra's post too! I have such a sweet tooth.. really my downfall!

Sandra said...

I'll tell you right now, the first two weeks were the hardest. Now I am rarely tempted by the sugar snacks, and when I am and give in, they are not very good.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I do a dance video too. I LOVE it! Too bad we live so far apart!

Kellie said...

I've never tried the Wii Fit. I'll have to check it out. Is it like a workout video?