Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day Two, Wherein I Ate More Oreos, But Also Sweated

So, a few minor successes:

1) No sugary drinks today. Just a lot of artifical sweetener, which is yucky. Why can't someone put caffeine in something healthy? Like celery?

2) A little exercise: I had to dig in storage in the garage for a couple hours, carrying lots of big heavy boxes and furniture, and I got all sweaty and out of breath. (I was trying to find my daughter's birth certificate so she can register for school.) (Otherwise they'll think she's from Kenya.)

3) I walked to work instead of drove. (This isn't a huge deal, because I almost always walk--it's only about half a mile.)

4) No seconds on dinner.

So, hooray!

10 comments:

Josi said...

I think the Splenda packets are the best tasting none-sugar sweetner out there so long as you don't use too much; the baking Splenda is of the devil. And I guess I missed something because I thought you were still blissfully unemployed. Congrats (at least I hope it's a good thing) and good job on sweating, always good.

Anonymous said...

Why can't they put caffeine in celery?

Tristi Pinkston said...

Hey, I thought you were unemployed too. What's up with that?

RobisonWells said...

I'm not actually employed. I go over to my dad's office every day to write, since it's easier than working at home. So not employment, just work.

:)

Tristi Pinkston said...

Oh, sure, get our hopes up and then dash them ... you owe me some Oreos for that.

Sandra said...

make it the golden oreos so there are no tell tale black crumbs

Tristi Pinkston said...

But golden ones aren't as good.

Sandra said...

well, there is that.

Shauna said...

You can keep your Oreos. I was really good all day long and then got attacked by a really persistent Snickers bar. I'm also good at the accidental acts of exercise. Mine for the day was climbing up and down the ladder painting my kitchen. Keep up the hard work!

Melissa Cunningham said...

The no seconds thing is huge, I know! Good for you! I love how honest you are. It makes me want to try harder too and it also helps me to know that you're out there with the same struggles as me. Good job!