Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weigh-in

I knew that I was way high again on my weight. The most I've ever weighed was 225. I knew I was getting back up to that weight when I started getting heartburn again. Something struck me as different though. Before, when I got to around 190-200 pounds I was solidly in size 18. When I started getting to 215-225 my 18's were becoming very tight and I almost needed to go into size 20.

This time it's a bit different. I'm barely moving into size 18's at 210 pounds. Yes. I weigh 210. Sigh. But, my sizes are very different. Maybe I've gained some muscle along with this weight gain? I hope so. That will make losing weight a little bit easier--just a little bit, though.

Tomorrow is the big day. I start school and I officially start my diet. I'm planning on measuring myself sometime today so I can also track my actual measurements. You CAN lose size, but not weight--sometimes.

I'm not riding my bike yet. That road still hasn't opened. As soon as it does? I'm on the bike. But even if I'm not on my bike I still need to do the other things I planned on doing. Taekwondo, pushups and situps, and the rowing machine. It is very easy to miss taekwondo during the school year--way too easy. So I need to step up my commitment to taekwondo along with everything else!

4 comments:

Marta O. Smith said...

How long have you been doing Taekwondo? I'll bet that's helping with toning and building muscle. (I think I need to find my old TaeBo workout videos.)

Tristi Pinkston said...

Hey Shanna,

We all hear ya - and we're so glad you're here!

I got the TaeBo tapes a few years back, but my son, who was then six, was absolutely terrified of Billy Blanks and had nightmares about him. So I stopped using the tapes. :)

Rebecca Talley said...

I do Tae Bo (thought his spandex is a little hard on the eyes). I'd love to learn real thing. Sounds like you're firming up. Good for you!

Just take it one day at a time, otherwise it's way too overwhelming.

Shanna Blythe said...

Marta,
I've been taking it for a while. Maybe four years? But with a lot of long pauses--I broke my knee and dislocated it--so I took about a year to two years off there, and have had some other interruptions. I do think that this past year I have become much more regular at attending.

Tristi,
Thanks! I'm glad to be here too. I think it is way cool how many people are posting about their experiences! Ha ha! Your poor son! Yeah. That would make doing Tae Bo impossible!

Rebecca,
I do love taekwondo--most days! I really hate sparring/conditioning days but that is because it KILLS me!!

Thanks for the advice. So far I've made it a day and a half! ;)