Friday, August 14, 2009

Writing It Down

As of this morning, I think I have lost 3 pounds. I am not entirely sure because our scale is one of those old rotary things and it can change by half a pound just by leaning one way or the other.

I'm still trying to work up to drinking enough water, but I haven't had anything carbonated. I've noticed that stuff makes me feel all bloated. I have been able to work fruit or veggies into all but one meal. That's a tough one. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

I think the most helpful thing I've done is to keep a food log. I write down everything I eat. Somehow, just the thought that there will be a record of those Hershey kisses makes me stop and think whether I really want them.

7 comments:

Josi said...

at fitday.com you can keep a food, exercise and weight log. It's free, and a great way to see what your percentages are, then gauge how it affects your weight. You can also create a custom food so you can enter it in easier. For instance I have 2 fried eggs cooked in butter and olive oil every morning for breakfast, with reduced sugar ketchup. It's a pain to enter it one ingredient at a time, so I made a custom food and it therefore takes just a click to enter. Might be worth it if you're journaling your food anyway.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

One thing I've done food log wise that really helped is found a friend to email my log to at the end of each day. I picked a friend who I hugely respect for her healthy lifestyle and found myself eating better because I knew she'd be checking up on me!

Shauna said...

Wow, that's a great idea to keep a food log. I have a horrible time trying to keep up on it when I do it. I have a hard time drinking enough water, too, sometimes it's just hard to remember!

Tristi Pinkston said...

Woohooo!! Your three pounds shall be added to the ticker!

Sandra said...

Josi, I am going to check out that food log. One thing that has helped me is to make a menue for the entire week- all three meals- before I go to the grocery store. I find I save time, money and it is harder to just grab something if I have a menue posted on the fridge. plus the kids stay out of my ingredients ;)

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I hear that's a great way to go, but then I know what I've eaten. That defeats the purpose of cheating!

Rebecca Talley said...

Good for you. 3 pounds is awesome!