Monday, August 24, 2009

Weighing in

This morning the scale said 178. That is 1.6 lbs lost.

I went out to eat twice this week end while moving one of my sons, but I was very picky about what I chose to eat:

Cheeseburger happy meal with milk at the McDonalds stop. Not because it was what I wanted, I wanted to go to subway or somewhere healthier. No, I choose the happymeal because of the amount of calories contained.
550 in the cheese burger happy meal. That is with fries and a soft drink. You can choose apple slices and milk instead. Much better than a supersized Big Mac with fries- 1,230.

Salad with grilled chicken and a mango salsa and water to drink at the ribs place for dinner.

I even broke down and bought a candy bar in the middle of the day. It was 105*, I was hot, tired and cranky so I gave in at the checkstand. It was a Heath- one of my favorites, chocolate covered toffee. It was not as good as I remember candy being. I have a sugar free toffee recipe that I use and I like it so much better. In fact, after eating the candy, I felt sick. I don't think I will be doing that again.

For exercise this weekend, I carried boxes up 4 flights of stairs instead of using the elevator. I also pulled weeds.

I have found at work that when I am out in the halls making sure that students are in class and not wandering, that if when I pass a flight of stairs I take it, I can do the whole school in 15 minutes and get a decent walk in. Repeat 4 times a day. I could take one flight and do the upstairs and then go downstairs and do the downstairs, but I find that this is one way to get in unintentional exercise and I cover just as much ground in the same amount of time.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Great job! Getting in an hour of walking a day throughout your work day sounds like a wonderful way to keep moving and stay in shape. You're doing such a wonderful job, keep it up!

Josi said...

I'd love a copy of your SF toffee recipe if it's one you're willing to share :-) congrats on the loss, that's awesome.