Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Uphill both ways

But at least it wasn't in the snow.

Yesterday I again didn't get on the treadmill. My 18 year old, Matthew, is moving out this coming Sat. to attend college. How did I get to be old enough to have 4 of my kids graduated from high school? We have been working on his financial aid for everything that scholarships didn't cover. Let me tell you, the U of U is horrible to work with on this and their website, where they keep directing you, was designed by chimpanzees. I am sure of it. I have a daughter in college and I am at grad school and neither of those have been such a pain to work with.

Anyway, the point of all this is that we drove up there today to see if we could get a real life person to explain what it all means and if there is enough money to pay his tuition or if I need to rob a bank or something.

We also needed to go to the housing office and make sure that if his financial aid didn't come in by Sat. that it would be ok if we made payment when it does come it. The housing office is clear across campus. Straight uphill from where we were parked. We were going to drive around, but construction was going on and they were cutting a gas main and we were not allowed to start the car. So we walked.

Did I mention it was all uphill from where we parked. Because if I didn't, it was.

I didn't need to do the treadmill today. Gotta love unintentional workouts. And I drank a couple bottles of water before we made it back to the car, where I drank another bottle of water. So a good work out day.

Terryaki chicken and brown rice for supper.

School starts Th. for our district so I go back to work today. Now is when exercising gets tricky for me. Not enough time before I have to be at work at 7:30 a.m. and I get too lazy when I come home. This is why I wanted to be accountable to someone other than myself, it is too easy to justify not doing it if I don't have to tell someone whether I did or not.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I love unintended exercise-Good for you! It's great you had so much water to hand to keep yourself hydrated, I never seem to have enough on hand for those moments. Hope the college issues get straightened out.