Saturday, August 15, 2009

Checking In

Thursday and Friday I stayed on the Phase I part of the South Beach Diet. For breakfast, I had eggs with mushrooms, peppers, onions, and cheese. I missed lunch on Thursday because I was in town and too rushed to stop but had lunch (in town again) yesterday at Subway. I ate the chicken breast salad and drank a bottle of water. I stayed on the diet for dinner (though I did have a small potato last night with ribs, steamed asparagus, and ranch style beans). Dinner on Thursday was pizza--I grind the wheat myself to make the crust and substitute honey for the sugar. My kids actually like the whole wheat crust better.

Wednesday was hard because it was my husband's birthday. I made a dinner I could eat but then made a scrumptious chocolate cake that smelled soooooooo good. However, I did not partake. I ate my sugar free fudgesicle instead.

I haven't been able to do my regular exercise routine, but I've been painting, cleaning carpet, and working on other household projects. Plus I've been running my kids to town for appointments, shopping, and last minute items for my girls who are leaving home. I spent most of the day Tuesday helping my oldest daughter shop for a car. She found one on Wednesday and is now the proud owner of her very first car and I'm happy to report she drove it to Ephraim without any problems--yeah!!

Friday is my weigh-in day. I'm excited to report that I lost 3 lbs for a total of 24 lbs so far. I still have 12 lbs (at least) to go to fit into the dress I want to wear to my son's wedding reception. My kids don't think I should wear it because it is from the 80s, but it's a totally cool dress and if I can fit into it after not being able to wear it for many years, it makes it even more appealing. My daughter said she wouldn't allow me to wear it. If I can fit into it maybe I'll post a photo and let you guys vote on whether or not I should wear it.

Happy Saturday!

5 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Hey Rebecca, that's awesome! I follow the South Beach Diet too as none of the others seem to work. Just a note though, honey is digested the same as sugar in your body. There's really no difference except we think it's healthier if it's raw. (Which I agree with)

Anyway, 24! I'm so proud of you. I know what it's like to stick to this diet. It can be tough. Keep going,girl. You inspire me.

Kellie said...

Great job! I'm looking forward to the picture of the dress!

Shauna said...

Wonderful! I'd LOVE to see the dress!

Marta O. Smith said...

I vote that if you can fit into the dress, you should reward yourself with a new dress! (Although I haven't seen this dress and it may actually be really nice.)

Tristi Pinkston said...

Good for you - sounds like you're doing awesome!!