Monday, August 10, 2009

Eat Less. Move Around More.

I am also joining this weight loss party, as is my wife, who will be reporting through me.

I'm not going to post any pictures of myself, because I don't want you to fall in love with me, but my starting weight in this little endeavor is 236 lbs and I am 6'0".

I will not be using any famous weight-loss program, because I don't have a lot of faith in any of them. Instead, I will be using a relatively unknown plan called "Eat Less. Move Around More." The tenets of this plan are simple. First, you don't eat as much as you used to, and you move around more than you used to. Crazy, I know, but it's so crazy that it just might work.

So, let me tell you why I'm fat: I like eating. And, worse, I like eating unhealthy foods. I cook almost everything in butter, and I drink 2% milk because skim is yucky. And, I like to have seconds of dinner, and I like to eat at 11:30pm. This is why I'm fat.

Not the reason I'm fat: sugar. I don't care about sugar. I'd much rather have extra dinner rather than dessert. And I have little use for candy. (However, I am a soda drinker. I like to drink my sugar. I'm trying to convert over to diet soda, but it's really gross.)

So, my diet plan is this: I'm still going to cook in butter, and I'm still going to drink 2% milk. In fact, I'm not really going to change much about what I'm eating--I'm just going to eat less of it. Also, I might try, once in a while, to get out from behind the computer and get the heart pumpin' a bit. Watch the fat literally melt off my body! (Literally!) (I know! Gross, right!?)

As for Erin, my wife, she weighed in this morning at 189, and she's going to be using a kind of bastardized Weight Watchers plan. (It's some version of Weight Watchers from twenty years ago where you keep track of how many vegetables you eat and how many pieces of bread you eat, and I don't really know how it works.)

Erin's modus operandi is the opposite of mine: she loves the sugar. I'll let her post a comment explaining it a little better than that, but suffice it to say that she likes to bake sweet things, and she likes to eat candy.

And... that's all for today.

2 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Your plan sounds pretty awesome! I'm glad you're on board.

My son laughs at me that I like to play Wii tennis and leap all over the living room. "You don't have to move around so much, Mom," he tells me. I reply that it's about the only thing that gets me away from the computer and actually being physical.

Shauna said...

I promise not to fall in love with you. I can't speak for anyone else.

Your weight loss plan sounds like a winner! Good luck!