Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sugar

I hesitate to post this because I know I will get comments on how I shouldn't be eating sugar that I should just drop it from my diet altogether. The problem is that I don't want to cut out sugar. I LOVE IT! What kind of life is it if I can't have a treat every now and again. Admittedly the "every now and again" is my problem.

This week I ate a bag of sugar (Mmm tootsie rolls) almost entirely by myself. It was wonderful. O.k. it was wonderful while I was doing it but the regret and slight stomachache were not. I have still kept to my 1 pound a week goal but I am scared now instead of motivated.

So now you know that I am worried and that I stopped being diligent for a few days. But Here I am pulling myself up scared but willing to keep going.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

of course you won't get comments that you MUST cut out sugar. It works differently for everyone. I know that I would struggle incredibly with that so instead of focusing on cutting out sugar, I focus on a little more exercise, eating a little bit healthier. I hope that the little changes start to add up and that it is a longer lasting result than a "diet" that I can't stick to.

Shanna Blythe said...

Yeah. I could never cut out sugar either. I'm trying to focus on reducing calories and that kind of stuff, but not completely cutting out the things I love. Just MUCH smaller portions. No more bags of candy for me!

And I love a little bit of sugar on my cereal (when I'm eating cereal). Or sugar on my strawberries. Or . . . well you get the picture!

Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

Erin I agree with the others, I could never cut sugar out of my diet. I know that I would fail 100% if I tried. If I am going to be successful at being healthy all my life, I have to be realistic. I can learn to eat healthy foods and exercise.

You are doing a super job!

Tristi Pinkston said...

Hey, if we wanna talk about stuff we should or should not be doing, I'm sitting here eating Swedish fish while I read your blog. :) There's no judgment going on here - just people who know whereof you speak and we're all in this together! If I had to give up sugar altogether, I don't know how I would do it.

Sandra said...

Even though I am of the get rid of sugar persuasion, I am NOT going to tell you to do it. In fact, I am going to tell you that I had an ice cream cone with my daughter yesterday.

Moderation is the key here. And what you do the rest of the time. That is what makes the difference. One bag of tootsie rolls is not the problem- a bag of tootsie rolls for every single meal every day for a week on the other hand....

Marta O. Smith said...

I have actually stopped buying whole big bags full of candy. But I don't think I could ever completely cut out sugar. The other day at the grocery store the M&Ms were on sale. So I bought two small packages. Then I shared with my daughter. Sharing is the best way to cut calories.