Monday, August 24, 2009

Sugar Free Toffee

My comments will be in orange.

Called English Toffee in the Feel Good Cookbook

4 TBSP butter (I use unsalted but use real butter, not margarine or a spread)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 c each chopped nuts and carob or dairy free chocolate chips (I don't use these because I hate nuts in my candy and I hate carob and haven't found any dairy free chocolate chips yet- I'll let you know when I do)

Cook butter and honey on medium heat for 6.5 minutes (blueish smoke tells it has toffee-ized). {but the time is pretty accurate} Pour over chopped nuts on foil in glass casserole dish. Sprinkle chips over, cover dish to melt chips into warm toffee. Spread flat with rubber spatula. Refrigerate and cut into squares.

I tend to make this on Tuesday nights because I have class on Wed. so I am pushing to finish the last of my assignments due the next day and feel a bit stressed. I can eat a couple pieces of this and feel that I have rewarded myself. But again I have to keep saying- sugar free does not equal calorie free.

2 comments:

Josi said...

Thanks Sandra!

Shauna said...

Sounds yummy thanks for the recipe!