Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rebecca's Check-in

We just got back from vacation. I always thought vacation was defined as a relaxing time to enjoy the family and have fun. Well, not exactly. I enjoyed my family and we had fun, but relaxing? Not so much. We spent the bulk of our time shopping for bridesmaids dresses and running from one thing to the next--hardly a moment to breathe. I was soooooo relieved when my future-daughter-in-law finally chose a dress. It's a beautiful teal color and it looks great on each of my girls. The most important part? They all love the dress. Woo hoo. And, they talked me into buying a red dress because they refuse to let me wear my super-cool 80s dress. We also bought red shoes. I think my feet will hate me after I wear these shoes, but they're very beautiful. What's a little foot pain when your son is getting married?

And, to add to the non-relaxing vacation, I could not find any dresses for my younger three daughters so, yep, I have to sew them. Me and sewing, we haven't been on speaking terms for years and now we'll have to get all cozy and intimate over the next four weeks. Bleh! But, they'll all have matching (color) dresses and if only I can find red shoes for the younger girls we'll be set.

We did get the men and boys outfitted in tuxes, except my 3 year-old. I found a tux on the internet that I purchased for him so the boys are all done and they'll all be super handsome.

If I don't lose my mind sewing . . .

Oh, and I was scared to weigh-in, but happily, I lost 2 lbs, for a grand total of 26 lbs. I'm now within 10 lbs of my goal. I'd dance around the room, but I'm just too stinkin' exhausted.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Yay! Congratulations, I'm glad you found a dress you like and you lost two pounds! that's wonderful news! Keep it up and you'll be at your goal in no time!

Lu Ann Brobst Staheli said...

We have a wedding coming up too. I'm mother of the groom. The bride wants me to wear PURPLE! Yes, you heard that--a woman who is a blimp like me wearing purple. This girl has no idea what she's asking! I've found exactly ONE dress in purple and I bought it, although I'm afraid it's too formal for an outdoor morning wedding, so I continue to look for an alternate. The wedding is September 30th, which means find a dress and lose enough inches in my upper arms to have it actually FIT! Oh, and there is the part about purple being a much better color on a women who weighs a couple hundred pounds less than I do!

Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

Good for you Rebecca! I am happy for you that you are so close to your goal. Sorry that you have to sew 3 dresses. I also have not sewed for a few years.

Good luck with all of the wedding plans and reaching your goal.

Tristi Pinkston said...

Awesome, Rebecca!! Sounds like it's time for me to go in and change the ticker. :)