Friday, August 14, 2009

My Vice

It's the ice cream. That dang ice cream! It was on sale for $2.50 and how can you pass up that kind of a deal? One was mango and the other vanilla. I told myself it was for the kids, that I wouldn't have any. You, my friends, all know how it really went down.

I weighed the same today as I did yesterday but I did work out this morning . . . until I was dripping with sweat. It was a great workout and I felt great afterword, but what do I do once the after noon gets hot and the play date is over for fun? I pull out the ice cream and do I ignore its creamy lusciousness? Heck no!

Now I feel guilty. I just shouldn't buy it. No matter what the price.

I will say this though, I submitted my book to both Cedar Fort and Covenant today! Woo Hoo! I guess I could justify the ice cream as a celebration for myself! he he. Say a prayer for me!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Good luck on your book submission! I really can't have sweets near me either, they're just too tempting. I hope it will be a good thing for the family not to have as much around anymore!

Rebecca Talley said...

Congrats in the book submission. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

You could try sugar free fudgesicles. Not as good as ice cream, but still satisfies the sweet tooth and only 40 calories. Sugar free popsicles are only 25 calories. I loooooove ice cream but have given it up until I reach my goal weight--not easy when the whole family is eating chocolate brownie ice cream!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

No kidding! I have used those sweets in the past. I have yo-yoed so many times though that it's getting easy to give up. I need to think of a better motivation.