Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ugh.. tired.

So yesterday morning I exercised and started out with a lot of energy in the morning.. that didn't last very long at all. For some reason I've been dealing with exhaustion after exercising lately, that lasts for about a full day. By 8am I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and slept until 11, but wasn't refreshed much at all. Thank goodness my kiddos don't mind Mama dozing on the couch. Was really good on food all day long and went to bed at 7 after Blaine got home and dinner was done. My poor husband had to wake me up as I had told him we needed to get some school shopping done, and we headed in to WalMart. On the way we got a flat tire, which he quickly changed, and I will need to deal with today. Was fighting sleep the whole shopping trip and grabbed a candy bar for a quick pick me up hoping the sugar would give me enough of a boost to make it to bed. Didn't get up and exercise this morning, was still too tired, although I am feeling better now after sleeping until 9am. I don't understand why I get so exhausted after exercising, will have to figure out how to deal with it better than just sleeping so much more. Plan on doing some light exercising today with the Wii Fit, and I'll see if that affects me the same way.

Is anyone else dealing with being extra tired after exercising? Is it normal/is there any good way of dealing with it? Half of me is wondering if there's just some small thing I need to change, like eat before I exercise or something that will fix this problem.

5 comments:

Melissa Cunningham said...

I have the same reaction frequently. Candy will make it worse. My gut feeling is that it is an automatic coping mechanism our bodies have. My guess is that we have to push through it. Our bodies will adjust.

The only diet that has ever worked for me is the South Beach Diet. It is VERY low sugar. It makes your body burn its own fat instead of the instant sugar that we eat in bread, rice, pasta, fruit etc...

I find I get tired fast as I only have my own fat to burn. It's a catch 22, isn't it?

But, just to be clear, I do think you are normal. I think most people feel this way when they start out. Our bodies just aren't used to it. Keep going though! If you do, I will! lol

Anonymous said...

I heard that it gets better after a while. =]

Tristi Pinkston said...

Shauna,

It sounds to me like you need to increase your protein intake. That has really helped me not to feel so tired after exercising. I eat a little more meat but I also drink the Body Fortress protein powder drink mix from Walmart, mixed with a little water, and I feel a lot stronger overall when I do that.

Shauna said...

Thanks guys! I will try more protein and just keep going!!

Christine Thackeray said...

Shauna, you may be overduing it and putting your body under stress, which will make you feel tired and gain weight instead of lose. I'd continue to exercise but make sure you don't overdo it. Just have fun. You are doing incredibly. Also, keep up the small snacks.