Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fluctuation and Determination

That's what I do. Fluctuation. I am always somewhere between the it-isn't-as-bad-as-it-could-be and the uh-oh. That's where I am today--the uh-oh. Lunch was one pork chop and one glass of milk. Nothing else until dinner. I am determined.

Now that winter is coming (because I've discovered Cleveland doesn't get a fall, it just skips straight to winter) I need a good pair of jeans that I can actually get over my hips and button. I've been able to get away with a couple pairs of shorts and a few skirts during the summer, but no more. I must now buckle down or I'll be wearing shorts and skirts all winter long because I am NOT buying a pair of jeans until I am back in my old size.

2 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Cheering you on toward your goal!!

One thing I've learned, though, is that regardless of my size, I do deserve to have some clothes that fit. I used to tell myself that I wouldn't get any new clothes until they were smaller, but then I was doing myself the disservice of not dressing nicely. We deserve to look nice, regardless of whatever size those clothes might have to come in!

Sandra said...

Kellie,

First I want to say the Tristi is right. You have to look good in order to feel good and that goes a long long way to getting where you want to be. So buy one pair of jeans that fits now and feel great when you wear them.

Second- Please add some fruit or veggies with your meal. Just protien is so bad for your kidneys. Trust me on this one. I have to use a medication that wreaks havoc on kidneys and livers. I have to have mine checked frequently. One thing I have learned during all of this is high protien diets- while good for weight loos- are horrible on your kidneys. They have to work over time to process everything and become damaged and you will end up on dyalisis. You need the fruit and veggies to help them out.