Thursday, August 27, 2009

I am new here.

Tristi sent me an invitation to join this blog. I gave her a very large hint that I needed to blog here for motivation. You see, I have found myself carrying more weight than I should...again. **sigh**

Three years ago I picked myself up from 197 pounds and lost 45 pounds. I had kept it off for almost two years. Then something happened in my life, a divorce. The stress from being a single Mom and working full time, as a teacher, threw me a sharp curve and I ran off the road. My size 10's disappeared quickly and other sizes starting popping up. The self-loathing started and the depression swept in. I could not believe that I had done this to myself again! Where were the good eating and exercise habits I had been practicing for almost two years? I have been saying this happened because I was stressed. The excuses stop here and now.

I have decided now to stop the insanity before the 200 number showed up on my scale. I am going to accomplish this the same way that I had previously lost the 45 pounds. I loosely followed the Weight Watchers program. I watched and calculated my points and I exercised 5 days a week. I am bound and determined to lose the weight. I am making myself be accountable for my actions by blogging here. I hope with friendship and support that I will make myself healthy again.

7 comments:

Marta O. Smith said...

You did it before. You can do it again!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Hey Sheila! Welcome, welcome! So good to see you! These are a great bunch of ladies and you'll love reading about everyone's progress and have this support.

You'll make it back to where you want to be, girl. Don't give up!

Rebecca Talley said...

You will do it and we'll be here cheering you on!!

A friend has been doing WW and has lost over 15 lbs.

Josi said...

Welcome Sheila! And good luck. You've done it before, you can do it again :-)

Tristi Pinkston said...

Welcome, Sheila!! Glad to have you here - you're among friends.

Erin said...

So glad your here! I can't wait to get to know you better.

Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

Thank you everyone!! This is just what I need to get my "Big Bum" (as my son just told me recently) into gear!