Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hello

I decided that I couldn't trust Rob to accurately describe my weight loss experience so even though I am daunted by the task of posting on a blog site with authors (I am not a writer) I am going to start my own posts.

My goals are huge but I am giving myself plenty of time to accomplish them. I want to lose 70 pounds but I am going to do it one pound a week. I should reach my goal in a little over a year.

So here we go. I am using an online nutrition/fitness tracker called Sparkpeople. I love it because it helps me not only keep track of the calories I eat but the amount of fat/protein/carbohydrates I eat and helps me balance them. It also gives me a calculated calorie intake range that is safe and tons of articles and recipes to help me on this journey. I have lost 3.5 pounds this month and my goal is 4.

I am excited to post here with you all.

4 comments:

Marta O. Smith said...

Welcome aboard, Erin!

Shauna said...

Sounds like a great plan and realistic goals, looking forward to hearing from you along your journey. I hear you about feeling a bit underqualified to write in the same space as all of these authors, but it is nice to know that they are here just writing from their hearts.

Josi said...

Good goals--and great start! Best of luck.

Tristi Pinkston said...

So glad to have you here, Erin! Rob hasn't said anything of a wrongful nature about you, so you've been safe. :) If it makes you feel better, I've got over a hundred to lose, so your 70 seems like not a scary thing to me.