Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day One-Shauna

Starting Weight 275. Will weigh and report every Tuesday as the scale fluctuates so much for me daily that it's less of a rollercoaster to weigh once a week unless there's something specific I'm watching. Had a good day, but realized why I started driving to the pool instead of walking. Unless my schedule loosens up I won't do that again, as I was late getting home and one of the kids' Dads was waiting. Whoops! Got up this morning and biked and walked and got thoroughly drenched for my efforts. Came home at 6:45 instead of 7 when the drizzle turned into a downpour. Feel good though, lots of energy which hopefully lasts the whole day. It was a bit harder to keep going on the bike this morning, that week long break wasn't very good for my endurance. Working back up to the routes I ended with. Hope to be able to do them again in a few days of biking. Wish my treadmill was working as I could still do that in the rain!

8 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Shauna, where do you live? I have a Healthrider I'm trying to sell. Yeah, I know, it's weird that I'm trying to lose weight and I'm selling some exercise equipment. :) But this one, while really good, isn't good for my feet.

Josi said...

Hey Tristi, a few years ago we had a treatmill that had some small shocks, so it would bounce. It was so much easier on my arches. Also, we love our eliptical--good on feet, hips, knees, and burns more calories than the treadmill. Just in case that's of interest. Way to go Shauna, send some rain to me, huh?

Tristi Pinkston said...

Our Healthrider is an elliptical - but I need a bike rather than something that uses feet.

Christine Thackeray said...

Shauna,

Good for you. I've got to get out tonight and move! I did finish two whole chapters, though.

Shauna said...

Tristi-I'm on Main in Newberg which is nice since I can bike/walk to most places I need to go. I've never tried a Healthrider before!

Josi-you can have ALL the rain. We had some really hot weather recently and I kept wishing the rain would come back but now that it's here.. I'd really rather not get soaked!

Christine-AWESOME! That's a lot to get done! For some reason I have a hard time exercising unless I actually leave the house, which I can't always do. It's a conundrum.

Tristi Pinkston said...

I'm guessing the fact that I don't know where Newberg is means that we're not anywhere close to each other. :)

Shauna said...

Lol yeah that is possible, it's in NW Oregon.

Melissa Cunningham said...

I love my bike too. It's nice to do in the summer. I do have a treadmill though, and you're right, it's nice in the winter.

I have a hard time getting back into the exercise habit after taking a break. Dang it.

Keep up the good work!