Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day Whatever: Blah

So, I'm still dieting, but I have very little to report. I ate pizza yesterday, but I didn't eat a lot of it. I also didn't eat the crusts. A few years ago I realized that I'm a grown-up, and if I don't want to eat the crusts of my pizza then I don't have to. You're not the boss of me.

I also ate some popcorn. For those who don't know me, I'm something of a popcorn afficianado, having previously worked for Orville Redenbacher's. However, despite this popcorn being Orville (and therefore the best) it was also SmartPop, the diety version. And it's pretty terrible.

Here's an interesting tidbit about popcorn: while corn is one of the very most genetically-engineered plants, only recently has anyone actually thought "Maybe we ought to engineer it to taste good." All previous efforts were directed to larger kernels and better colors and more resistance to bugs and higher harvest rates. However, they're only now thinking about cultivating taste, which means that the earliest versions of tasty popcorn won't be available for a few years.

So, for now, the only way to make your popcorn somewhat tasty is to put something on top of it. And I think that SmartPop sprinkles it with chalk and sadness.

Also: where are all you other bloggers? I feel lonely.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I wonder how many calories you cut out of pizza when you don't eat the crusts? =D I don't like crusts either. Mmm popcorn. They have the smell down right, it always smells so tempting. But the taste minus toppings needs major work. As bad as plain rice cakes. ew.

I'm still here! but the blogger activity has really slowed down, hasn't it!