Thursday, August 20, 2009

Diet

I think I need to get started on a diet so that when the exercise is harder to do I can still stay on track. Here's what I've decided will be my basics, and I'll work on it from there!
1. Eat at least 8 grams of fiber at breakfast.
2. Have a midmorning and midafternoon snack that is 150 calories.
3. Build every lunch and dinner like a pyramid: Veggies are the base, lean protein is next, and a small amount of healthy carbs tops it off.
4. Avoid sneaky, high-calorie toppings and other add-ons.
5. Have at least three quick planned breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks on hand so temptation doesn't have time.
6. A treat every day.
7. Get at least seven hours of sleep every night.

3 comments:

Christine Thackeray said...

I love you! I just added sleep to my regemine and I'm going to start keeping the extra's on hand. You are the best.

Shauna said...

=D aw thanks Christine! I love you too! I really need to start paying attention to how much I drink as well, I just can't drink all the water I'm supposed to I feel like I'm floating!!

Tristi Pinkston said...

This sounds awesome ... now, if you can give me some tips on how to actually get seven hours of sleep ...