Friday, August 14, 2009

Heads will roll

I had my daughter take my full length picture yesterday. I'll try and get a better one later, but for now this is what you get.



Yesterday was supposed to be my dvd workout day. It didn't happen. I woke up with a headache that threatened to turn into a migrain and spent the day fighting that. I resisted taking any medication until about 2 pm.

I have to have my blood drawn and tested next week because one of the medications I take (Enbrel) can cause kidney/liver damage and in June my kidneys were a bit irritated. Now that has happened before and I just make sure I take no pain meds and drink a lot of water before the next blood draw and I am fine. So I really didn't want to take any meds today. But I finally gave in when every movement threatened a visit to the porceline throne.

Eating was not a problem yesterday. I didn't want anything. I had orange juice and 1 slice of wheat french toast for breakfast, a bowl of stew for lunch and Hawiian haystacks. I feel good about that because usually when I have one of these headaches I eat chocolate, pudding, cookies, drink coke....

So I am counting yesterday a success.

5 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Well done Sandra! There's nothing like pulling off a stretch of good eating during a time of stress. Really shows how committed you are!

Shauna said...

Yikes! So sorry you had a migraine day yesterday, those are awful. It's great you were able to eat healthy yesterday, it is very difficult to break bad pain eating habits. Keep up the good work!

Tristi Pinkston said...

So sorry about the headache, Sandra! Hope you feel better today.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

You did good, girl!

Rebecca Talley said...

Good job. I've never had a migraine but my sister gets them when she's pregnant and they completely knock her out. Hope you feel better.