Friday, August 14, 2009

The Relationship Between Stress and Weight

Have you heard that the more stressed you are, the harder it is to lose weight and the more likely you are to gain weight?

I should be the size of the Goodyear blimp.

After writing my post the other day I weighed myself and found that I was a pound off . . . in the wrong direction. Little depressing there.

Yesterday I did my entire Pilates DVD and even though my legs felt like jelly afterward, I started up my Walking off the Pounds DVD, too. I didn't get too far into that one because my one year old demanded some time from me that didn't require her doing squats. I guess her legs felt like jelly, too.

Anyway, I didn't get too much exercise today other than going up and down the stairs. A lot. And I did make myself take the stairs at the doctor office today instead of taking the elevator.

At one point I kind of forgot that I was trying to eat less junk and ate an entire bag of M&Ms. But that was after my doctor appointment and I was depressed (recent miscarriage, this was my first check up since the DNC). I didn't let myself guilt over it though.

Tomorrow is Saturday and there is plenty of housework to be done, so even if I don't get around the my workout DVDs, I will be taking several trips up and down the stairs, working out my arms with the mop and broom, and I plan on getting a walk around the block in.

I decided to make Sundays my offical weigh in day just because it's easier for me to remember. So my weight is 138 and I'll check in again on Sunday evening.

4 comments:

Marta O. Smith said...

I learned this trick from my sister. To dry the floor fast after you mop, put down a ratty old towel and swoosh it back and forth with your foot. It is supposed to save time, but I discovered it's a real workout for the legs.

Shauna said...

Good for you not beating yourself up about the M&M's. If we were perfect, we wouldn't still be here! (On this planet.. my assumption being that then we'd be translated and have eternal rest.. or actually eternal work since it doesn't sound like we'll be doing much resting.) It may be a little late for me to be doing any writing!

Rebecca Talley said...

I love the Walking Off the Pounds Dvds. I also love Tae Bo and The Firm is my absolute favorite.

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I keep telling myself that weight gain isn't all bad. Muscle does weigh more than fat. Maybe you are gaining muscle faster than losing the fat. That's a good thing too!

Keep it up. I feel like we're kindred spirits!