Saturday, August 29, 2009

Not Doing Good

I need some motivation and help. I am feeling more and more depressed as I gain more weight. I am always tired and angry at myself for gaining so much weight back. I need to stick with this again. I need to eat right and exercise. I hate falling down this black hole once again.

I was so excited to start this again and I made so many mistakes this past week. I am not in a good place right now. **sigh** One day I had been a good girl all day long...that is until I came home from work. My daughter was making chewy, gooey brownies. Of course I ended up helping my kids eat the whole pan. "Dumb, dumb, dumb!!".

So, here I am picking myself up and dusting off the dirt from this week. The horse is waiting for me to jump back on. I don't like getting bucked off and letting my good intentions run away from me. I know I can do this because I have been successful before. I know that we all need to remember... take it one day at a time and don't look back.

6 comments:

Kellie said...

I'm sorry, Sheila! Sunday starts a new week and a new beginning. You are right, forget the past, but remember how you don't want to repeat it. And really, chewy, gooey brownies? I think any of us would have faltered. Your horse is waiting for you.

Tristi Pinkston said...

First off, Sheila ... you're not dumb, dumb, dumb!! You're human. And you can't beat yourself up for things you've done in the past - you can only work on making good choices in the future. Okay, you ate brownies. Have an extra large salad at your next meal and leave off the croutons. Go for a walk around the neighborhood. Drink a little extra water. Make some small right decisions that will help off-set the small not-so-good decisions ... brownies are not going to send you to heck. (I decided I'd better not use the real word in case anyone easily offended was reading this comment. :) The point is, okay, you ate some brownies. That doesn't make you a bad person. If it did, we'd all go to heck together.

Erin said...

Totally there with you. I sucked down a bag of sugar this week. It was yummy but I am going to do better.

I'll tell you what. You pick yourself up and I will do the same. Weight loss is hard enough don't be hard on yourself.

Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

Oh, I love this place!! I want to sit here and cry because of how good all of you make me feel. I can see that this...the encouragement, is what has been missing in my weight loss battle. Thank you so much!!

Marta O. Smith said...

Sheila, been there, done that, bought the larger t-shirt. I think we all know the terrible seductive power of brownies straight out of the oven.

Back when I was doing Weight Watchers, I found my children could be very helpful. I was weighing and measuring and calculating everything, and pretty soon they were asking me how many points everything was. When there was some kind of treat sitting there that I knew was going to be a problem for me, I could just yell, "Hey, kids, come help Mom with her diet!" The ravening hoards would descend and bye-bye temptation!

(By the way, didn't I sit next to you at the Whitney Awards? I was wearing a very red dress.)

Sandra said...

Sheila,

It has been said here over and over and I am going to say it- forget that you ate brownies. Done and over with. It will get easier to not go over board with time. And it is the depravation of things that causes us to fail. You have to be able to enjoy this process or it is just torture! I even had an ice cream cone with my daughter yesterday. And I forgot to ask the server to make it an extra, extra small. No it was the huge size they give. I ate it, enjoyed it, drank extra water, was careful with the calorie count the rest of the day and when I weighed this morning- no gain. (but there was the pain from the sugar- but it was my conscience choice to have)